Fun story. Last week some time, I came to the realization that my RSS feed hasn't been working for about two months. It never really occurred to me that my posts hadn't been showing up in my Google Reader, mostly because there are just too many subscriptions in there for me to quickly notice when one hasn't posted anything lately.
Well, the reason I noticed is because we just switched hosting companies this past week. Our old company, Lunarpages, has become increasingly more and more frustrating from a customer service standpoint, as has been documented on occasion by me on here. We've been actively seeking other options, and thanks to my friends over at KillerFrogs.com
, they recommended what I hope to be a very satisfactory alternative. The hosting plan we signed up for fulfills the requirements that we have due to The Oratory's message board, and the price of the plan is significantly
cheaper than what we were paying before. So I'm very excited about this new opportunity.
But anyways, I noticed that the XML file that contains my RSS feed wasn't parsing correctly. Basically, my XML file has PHP code in it (Sorry for getting technical), and the server wasn't reading the PHP code, treating the file as XML-only. Well, after doing some research and getting some help from "The Internet", I figured out what the problem was, and had it back up and running.
So those of you who are subscribed to my feed, I have some LOST recaps up for this season, so check those out if you haven't seen them yet.
In other news, I moved secondcitysaint.com over to our new server on Monday, and after making some tweaks to correct some issues with posting comments, making new posts, etc., I believe we are completely back up and running.
I've added a link to my Twitter feed to the left, I still need to try and get a list of my recent feeds up on my site. Hopefully I can focus on that now that the other more pressing tasks are taken care of. Nice to have things back to normal.